2018 – 2019 DANCE COMPANY INFORMATION
Here at N-STEP we believe that all dancers should have the ability to experience the world of competitive dance. Kids gain so much through this experience such as self confidence, teamwork, responsibility and these are just a few of the benefits.
***NEW THIS YEAR***
The N-STEP Dance Company is for the dancer looking for a full competitive experience. The Company will be required to attend 3 mandatory regional competitions, with the potential for optionals being offered. In addition the Company will be required to participate in 3 community events: The Manchester Christmas Parade, the St. Patrick's Day Parade and Dancers At Heart Benefit.
Click here for the 2018 - 2019 AUDITION REGISTRATION FORM
- Auditions are open to all students, including those whom have not previously studied at N-STEP Dance Center.
- Auditions will be held on Saturday June 2nd between 8am-2pm. Specific times will be assigned based on age.
- Audition time is determined by dancers age on January 1st, 2019.
- N-STEP Dance Center does not guarantee placement on a Company Team.
- Audition attire is as follows
- GIRLS: Black leotard or black dance top, black jazz short, tan tights optional
- BOYS: Black T-shirt & pants/shorts
- All styles of shoes should be brought to auditions.
- The audition is used to determine dancer’s placement on the Company as well as Fall class placement.
- There is a chance that your child will be asked to stay and audition for one or more genres in another age group. Please plan accordingly.
- SATURDAY JUNE 2ND - Auditions at the studio.
- JUNE 22ND - All Acceptance Letters will be emailed out no later than this date.
- JUNE 29TH- Acceptance of Team Membership due (will be booking appointments to receive paperwork. Group Choreography Fees due in Full at this time)
- JULY 9-13 - Required Dance Intensive for Company dancers
- AUGUST 19TH – Team Bonding Day & Group Costume Deposits due ($50/group), Rebel Dance Convention Fee Due ($175 ages 6-8, $250 ages 9+)
- AUGUST 20-24 - Required Dance Intensive for Company dancers
FEES AND PLACEMENT
- July 1st- $175 Company Fee due
- Yearly Company Fee covers the Yearly Registration Fee, administrative fees, props, Mock Competition expenses & miscellanous costs. This fee does not include the cost of Winter Showcase or Recital T-Shirts, Gala Tickets & any other costs that should arise.
- ***NEW THIS YEAR***
- Dancers will be placed in a MAXIMUM of 5 groups
- 1st year company members age 6 and under will be placed in 1 group
- 1st year company members age 7+ will be placed in no more than 3 groups
- July 1st - Choreography fees for groups due in FULL
|1 group - $150
|| 2 groups = $200 ($100/dance)
|| 3 groups = $250 ($83/dance)
| 4 groups = $300 ($75/dance)
|| 5 groups = $350 ($70/dance)
- August 19th – Group Costume deposits due ($50/group)
- Balance will be billed upon final costume approval
- We will be scheduling two week long dance intensives over the summer. As a Company Member, you will be required to attend to continue to progress in your dance technique and stay conditioned throughout the summer.
- July 10-14 and August 20-24
- 9am-12:30pm Age 6-9 $200
- 9am-4pm Age 9+ $350
- PreDance or KinderCombo Class
- Appropriate level will be recommended by teacher
FALL CLASS REQUIREMENTS
- 2 Ballet classes, Jazz class
- Any other competing form of dance
- ***NEW THIS YEAR*** Strength and Conditioning is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, but not mandated as a requirement. The class will be focused on topics such as injury prevention, proper conditioning and utilization of muscle groups to maximize the performance of the dancer, etc.
- All Group Rehearsals will schedule 20 or 30 min/group with the exception being Production at 45 min.
Ages 3-7 (recommended by Teacher)
- 1 PreDance
- 1 KinderCombo & 1 Jazz class
- Assigned Group Rehearsal scheduled for 30 minutes and if assigned, Production for 45min.
TUITION & GROUP PRICING
- Tuition fees can be found at www.nstepdance.com/tuition
- Group pricing is in addition to your regular monthly tuition. Monthly fees will be priced as follows:
- 1 group - $30 2 groups - $40 3 groups - $50 4 groups - $55 5 groups - $60
- All members of the Company are required to participate in the Production Group, with the exception of the Mini’s.
- If a dancer drops a group for any reason after placements are announced they will also have to forfeit their solo (if one was awarded).
- It is expected that all competition fees are paid by the published due date (typically 4 months prior to the competition). A $5/ per group late fee will be assessed each week until the balance and late fees are paid in full.
- If after a month’s time the balance is still outstanding, the dancer will be removed from the dance company.
- All solos, duets and trios are to be determined by the N-STEP staff.
- Teamwork is a priority at N-STEP so Group dances will always take priority over S/D/T.
- These are “extra” dances and should be treated as a privilege not a right.
- It is expected that all competition fees are paid by the published due date (typically 4 months prior to the competition). A $10/ per S/D/T late fee will be assessed per each week until the balance is paid.
- If after a month’s time the balance is still outstanding, the rehearsals will be cancelled and the Solo/Duet/Trio will not compete until the balance and late fees are paid in full.
- If dancer has both a solo and either a duet/trio, any payments will always be applied to the duet/trio first as it affects another dancer.
- Rehearsals will continue until the recital. Teachers will use this time to work on technique with the dancers.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS & DETAILS
- Need to purchase team warmup (approx. $100-$150)
- Be an ACTIVE participant in Fundraising efforts
- Mock Competition TBD (December)
- Competitions are scheduled between Feb-May (Group fees approx. $45-$65 per group plus $20 studio fee per competition)
- Optional competitions may be offered, but groups are not required to participate
N-STEP reserves the the right to make changes to the above for any reason, if it is in the best interest of the business.